Updates» Go to news main
Tentative agreement reached with CUPE Local 3912
To: The Dalhousie University community
From: Chris Hattie, Assistant Vice-President Human Resources (Acting)
Date: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Re: Tentative agreement reached with CUPE Local 3912
I am pleased to share that negotiators representing the Dalhousie Board of Governors and CUPE Local 3912 have reached a tentative collective agreement today, Tuesday, November 8.
A tentative agreement means that negotiators for both parties have agreed to the terms of a collective agreement. The next step is for this to be agreed upon or ratified by CUPE members and the University’s Board of Governors. CUPE’s negotiating team is scheduled to present details of the agreement to its members at a meeting this evening. It would then need to be voted on by CUPE’s membership.
It is expected that a ratification vote will be held as quickly as possible and, if successful, CUPE employees will return to work in the coming days. We will provide more information as these details are confirmed.
Dalhousie University offers its thanks to the members of both bargaining teams for their efforts in reaching this outcome.
Assistant Vice-President Human Resources (Acting)
Dalhousie University is located in Mi'kma'ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi`kmaq. We are all treaty people.
We recognize that African Nova Scotians are a distinct people whose histories, legacies and contributions have enriched that part of Mi’kma’ki known as Nova Scotia for over 400 years.
- Collective Bargaining continues with Public Service Alliance of Canada for Grant‑Paid Employees
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77 continue with conciliation
- Collective bargaining continues with NSGEU Local 99
- New Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA) collective agreement
- Dalhousie seeking assistance of a conciliator to reach agreement with PSAC Local 86001 (Postdoctoral Employees)
- Dalhousie and Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA) reach tentative agreement
- Negotiations continue with Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA)
- Completing the fall term: Information for students and instructors