Updates» Go to news main
CUPE strike update ‑ Oct 24
Thank you to all members of our Dalhousie community for their patience and respectful engagement with one another on campus, including on picket lines, during the current labour disruption.
As we have made clear throughout this process, the Dalhousie Board of Governors is committed to exploring all options to reach an agreement with CUPE Local 3912.
Today, the Board wrote to the Union proposing the parties agree to resolve negotiations through interest arbitration.
In interest arbitration, the union and employer are bound by the decision of a neutral third party — an arbitrator — who makes a final decision on any items for which the parties have failed to reach agreement.
If the parties were to agree to interest arbitration, CUPE 3912 members would return to work and resume all regular duties.
Please continue to visit the CUPE Strike Information Page for further updates and answers to many of the most common questions.
- Dalhousie and PSAC Local 86001 reach tentative agreement
- Collective bargaining continues with PSAC Local 86001
- Final conciliation date set for Dalhousie and PSAC Local 86001
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77 reach a new collective agreement
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 99 reach a new collective agreement
- Collective Bargaining continues with Public Service Alliance of Canada for Grant‑Paid Employees
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77 continue with conciliation
- Collective bargaining continues with NSGEU Local 99