On Campus: Academic


I need a note-taker for my classes and extra time to write my exams due to a learning disability.

Contact Student Accessibility Services to request academic accommodations due to a disability, religious obligation, or any barrier related to any other characteristic protected under the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act.

Phone: 902-494-2836 or 902-494-3077

I received a mark on an exam that I think is unfair.

First, talk about your issue with your professor. If you need to formally appeal a grade you can meet with an academic advisor for assistance. If you’d rather talk with a student advocate, you can set up an appointment with the Dalhousie Student Union’s Student Advocacy Service.

I was accused of plagiarism and will be going to a Senate hearing.

Contact the Student Advocacy Service for advice and help in preparing for the hearing process.

Phone: 902-494-2205
Student Union Building, 3rd floor (6136 University Ave.)

I’m worried about being accused of plagiarism because I’m not sure how to properly cite my sources.

Dal has many online resources that can help you learn how to research and cite properly. You can find out more about them here. The Writing Centre is also a great service to help steer you in the right direction.