Top 8 reasons to study Political Science at Dal:
- We are the home of the Centre for Foreign Policy Studies, which is involved in international projects such as the Roméo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative.
- Our European Union Centre of Excellence is the only one in Atlantic Canada, one of only 5 in Canada, and part of a network of just 30 around the world.
- Our small class sizes (particularly in the upper years) allow for fantastic one-on-one interaction with professors.
- Our faculty members are renowned in their areas of expertise and many have authored award-winning books.
- Political science is a good foundation for a career in varied fields such as government, law, journalism, and business. It also complements many other subjects, including economics, history, and international development studies.
- We are the best place in Canada to study marine issues from an interdisciplinary perspective, including security, environmental, legal, and historical dimensions.
- Our diverse range of courses allows you to study everything from municipal governments to foreign relations and global conflict.
- We encourage undergraduate honours students to conduct independent research of their choice, while working closely with faculty members.