Undergraduate program: Nursing
Top 5 reasons to study Nursing at Dalhousie:
- Credibility: Dalhousie University is internationally recognized and one of Canada’s top research and teaching universities.
- Innovative: The BScN program is based on people-centredness health and features interprofessional health education and simulation based learning.
- Program length: Earn your degree and start your career in only three years.
- Faculty: Most of our Nursing faculty hold a PhD in nursing or a related field and have a range of expertise in the many areas of nursing practice, research, policy and administration.
- Affiliation: Dalhousie is affiliated with many of Atlantic Canada’s major hospitals and community agencies, so you can be placed in various settings for a stimulating and exciting clinical experience.
Registered nurses work in a variety of public and private health-care settings. There's a place for you, whether you're interested in working with children, the elderly, high-tech equipment, or educating and promoting healthy practices.
These summer programs give you a first-hand perspective on global health challenges. Learn about health problems, health systems and the roles of various health professions in under-resourced communities.