Integrated Environmental Management
Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 5 reasons to study Integrated Environmental Management at Dalhousie:
- An inter-disciplinary program: You'll study bio-resources, precision agriculture, renewable energy and waste management—a mix of disciplines unique among environmental management programs.
- An engineering approach: At the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro, you'll learn how to manage the effects of modern agriculture and technology on the environment from a systems and practice perspective. Study the technologies associated with land, water, buildings and machinery.
- Research activity: Our faculty are active researchers who incorporate their work and current industry issues into your education.
- A marketable education: Demand is growing for resource management professionals. You could have an exciting career in the environmental, agricultural or bio-resource industries.
- Be part of the solution: Our program relates directly to three of the most pressing issues facing our world right now: food, water and the environment. It will strengthen your problem-solving skills and put them to use.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn how we can better protect our environment with sustainable solutions for resource management and food production in Canada and around the world. You’ll gain advanced knowledge of environmental and biological systems applied to land, water, buildings and machinery.
Our program gives you the background to pursue a career in the growing environmental, agricultural or biological resource industries. You could work as a researcher, project manager or policy consultant in the public or private sector, or further your studies in a field like engineering.