Undergraduate program: French
Top 5 reasons to study French at Dalhousie:
- Size: Dalhousie offers the largest French program in an anglophone university east of Quebec but class sizes average 30 students or less, creating a socially active, tight-knit community.
- Diversity: Faculty come from francophone regions in Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- Travel: Students say our study abroad program in France is life-changing.
- Strong linguistics stream: Improves teaching and translation skills.
- Career prospects: Fluency in both of Canada’s official languages opens doors in the job market.
Prepare for careers such as translation and teaching, as well as other opportunities across our bilingual country or with international organizations.
Spend an unforgettable year or term studying in Dijon, France where you'll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in French language and francophone culture.