Undergraduate program: Canadian Studies
Top 5 reasons to study Canadian Studies at Dalhousie:
- Join a community of teachers and students interested in questions of Canada’s regional character, national identity, and global responsibility.
- Learn from award-winning professors from a wide range of disciplines, with interests in everything Canadian from eco-criticism to multiculturalism to hockey.
- Take Canadian Studies as a minor, double major, or combined honours along with another subject, to complement your interests and expand your marketability.
- Access an international community of scholars interested in Canadian Studies through Dal’s study abroad programs, in cool countries like Denmark.
- Prepare for a career in many fields, like teaching, law, or journalism—or in the Prime Minister’s office.
After studying Canadian Studies, your career opportunities are as broad as the number of disciplines participating in the program. Discover the paths you might follow after graduating from Dal's Canadian Studies program.
As a second field of study, Canadian Studies allows students to deepen their understanding of Canada in an exciting and interdisciplinary context that enriches a student's work on Canadian topics beyond his or her primary departmental home.