Professional program: Dental Hygiene
Top 5 reasons to study Dental Hygiene at Dalhousie:
- Included in your tuition fees is a laptop, with all the materials you need for your program—including a library of over 70 preinstalled e-textbooks and pharmaceutical databases.
- The program’s emphasis on technology gives you hands-on experience with the latest materials, procedures, and applications—including electronic patient records.
- Completing the Diploma in Dental Hygiene (DDH) program means you’ll have the prerequisites you need to apply to our Bachelor of Dental Hygiene (BDH) program—the first of its kind in Canada.
- The Faculty’s long-standing focus on community work means you can participate in dental clinic outreach opportunities—locally, across Canada, and abroad.
- Classes on mindfulness techniques help you improve your concentration and awareness—now, as a student, and in your future career.
Get involved in a rich and diverse research environment that is home to active collaborative research teams across many disciplines and specialties, both within and outside the Faculty.