About the Faculty of Engineering
Students of the Faculty of Engineering benefit from professors who mentor and guide them through practical, real-world design projects. Learn more about the Faculty of Engineering.
Faculty and Research
Leaders in their fields, our professors engage and challenge students to develop creative solutions to local, national, and international problems. Learn more about our faculty and their research specializations.
- 8th Annual Engineering Alumni and Friends Golf Tournament, September 14, 2016
- Introduction to Brewing course, Saturday, July 9, 2016
- Designing Productivity Conference, June 23, 2016
- Canadian Engineering Education Association Annual Conference, June 19‑22, 2016
- Great Women of STEM, An exhibit of paintings, June 3‑25, 2016
- Dalhousie Industrial Engineering Students take part in the J.D. Irving, Limited Direct Exchange Case Competition
- Nova Scotia Product Design and Development Centre's, iDLab, brings Halifax photographer's vision for 'pro photo booth' to life!
- Industrial Engineering alum wins the Vital Cape Breton Excellence Award
- Biomedical Engineering Masters student wins Mitacs award for innovative ultrasound technolgy
Engineering News from Dal News
Treasury Board President Scott Brison announces NSERC funding at Dal
Scott Brison, president of the Treasury Board of Canada, was on campus Thursday morning to announce the latest round of funding from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), including $10.1 million in support for more than 70 Dal researchers.
The student-led Creative Working Group, based out of Dal-hosted sandbox ShiftKey Labs, helps build excitement and engagement around innovative student ideas and applications.
Helping students succeed: Meet this year's Rosemary Gill Award winners
Get to know this year's recipients of Dal's top award for student support: Shelley Caines (Masters of Engineering in Internetworking), Kelly Underwood (Physiotherapy), Barb Hamilton-Hinch (Health and Human Performance) and Chibuike Udenigwe (Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture).