About the Faculty of Engineering
Students of the Faculty of Engineering benefit from professors who mentor and guide them through practical, real-world design projects. Learn more about the Faculty of Engineering.
Faculty and Research
Leaders in their fields, our professors engage and challenge students to develop creative solutions to local, national, and international problems. Learn more about our faculty and their research specializations.
- 8th Annual Engineering Alumni and Friends Golf Tournament, September 14, 2016
- Designing Productivity Conference, June 23, 2016
- Canadian Engineering Education Association Annual Conference, June 19‑22, 2016
- Faculty of Engineering Spring Convocation, Saturday June 4, 2016
- Engineering Class of 2016 Convocation Reception, June 3, 2016
- Nova Scotia Product Design and Development Centre's, iDLab, brings Halifax photographer's vision for 'pro photo booth' to life!
- Industrial Engineering alum wins the Vital Cape Breton Excellence Award
- Biomedical Engineering Masters student wins Mitacs award for innovative ultrasound technolgy
- Biomedical Engineering student wins Emil Wolf prize at the Optical Society of America's Frontiers in Optics
Engineering News from Dal News
New tools for top talent: Dal researchers receive CFI funding
Researchers in four different Dal faculties are receiving a total of more than $350,000 in support from the Canada Foundation for Innovation's John R. Evans Leaders Fund.
EXPO '16: Faculty of Engineering hosts third annual Design Expo and Poster Competition
The public expo, which takes place Tuesday, March 22, features senior-year Capstone Projects that integrate course work and engineering design skills to provide innovative solutions for local industrial partners.
From the sky down to the sea: Dal researchers on their NASA collaboration
Susanne Craig (Oceanography) and Mark Gibson (Process Engineering and Applied Science) are the only Canadian members of a worldwide NASA project on ocean systems and the impacts of climate change.