About the Faculty of Engineering
Students of the Faculty of Engineering benefit from professors who mentor and guide them through practical, real-world design projects. Learn more about the Faculty of Engineering.
Faculty and Research
Leaders in their fields, our professors engage and challenge students to develop creative solutions to local, national, and international problems. Learn more about our faculty and their research specializations.
- 8th Annual Engineering Alumni and Friends Golf Tournament, September 14, 2016
- Introduction to Brewing course, Saturday, July 9, 2016
- Designing Productivity Conference, June 23, 2016
- Canadian Engineering Education Association Annual Conference, June 19‑22, 2016
- Great Women of STEM, An exhibit of paintings, June 3‑25, 2016
- Dalhousie Industrial Engineering Students take part in the J.D. Irving, Limited Direct Exchange Case Competition
- Nova Scotia Product Design and Development Centre's, iDLab, brings Halifax photographer's vision for 'pro photo booth' to life!
- Industrial Engineering alum wins the Vital Cape Breton Excellence Award
- Biomedical Engineering Masters student wins Mitacs award for innovative ultrasound technolgy
Engineering News from Dal News
Dal students' a‑maze‑ing robots
Last week, Dal's third-year Electrical Engineering students took part in their annual robotics competition, the culmination of weeks of hands-on coursework building a robot to autonomously complete a simple-yet-challenging maze.
Revolutionizing construction with recycled tires
Dal Engineering students, faculty and alumni have teamed up study how tire derived aggregate (or "TDA") can strengthen civil engineering and construction projects.
A summer full of science for kids in coastal Labrador
Dal's student-run SuperNOVA education program may be best known for its Halifax-based summer camps, but some of its most exciting work takes place more than a thousand kilometres away in communities like those in rural Labrador.