Top 7 reasons to study Computer Science at Dalhousie:
- Specializations in Graphics, Gaming, and Media; Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Systems; or Communication Technologies and Cyber Security.
- Highly paid co-op work terms with cool companies, like RIM and Google.
- Flexibility to combine your Computer Science degree with a great variety of minors.
- Strong ties to industry—such as a current project with Boeing.
- Low ratio of students to professors.
- Vibrant student life—two student societies, programming competitions, and tons of fun social events.
- World-renowned and award-winning faculty teaching a wide range of classes.
- Research strengths in several areas, including web information systems, health informatics, bioinformatics, human-computer interaction, computer networking and security, algorithms, e-business, and intelligent systems.
What will I learn?
From computer animation to software development, we offer a huge range of great Computer Science classes for you to choose from.
What can I do?
Whether you're interested in working in network security for a company like Cisco, developing games for HB Studios or improving user interface design for Google, Dal’s grads are doing a lot of amazing jobs.