Top 7 reasons to study Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at Dal:
- We're unique: Dalhousie is the only university in the Maritimes that offers an undergraduate degree in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology.
- We offer opportunities for diverse careers: A degree in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology provides an excellent foundation for careers in biotechnology, medicine, pharmacology and medical research. You could even become a brewmaster.
- We do cutting-edge research: Our leading researchers and groups are delving into everything from molecular evolution to mechanisms of disease.
- We help you succeed: Our professors are available to personally mentor all third- and fourth-year students.
- We get you out from behind a desk: All of our third-year courses provide lab exposure and training, and experiential training is available in a research setting.
- We want you to learn hands on: Our co-op option allows you to step away from the academic environment and into real-world settings including government and industry.
- We're very social: The Dalhousie Biochemistry Student Society is one of the most active student groups at Dal and organizes lots of popular activities each year.