Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Dal Bioethicist Named to Committee that Will Shape Global Summit and Discussion on Human Genome Editing
Auld A. (28 Oct 2021). Dal bioethicst named to committee that will shape global summit and discussion of human genome editing. Dal News.
Dalhousie bioethicist Françoise Baylis has been named to a prestigious multidisciplinary committee that will plan the Third International Summit on Human Genome Editing being held in London next year.
Dr. Baylis, a University Research Professor in Philosophy at Dalhousie and author of Altered Inheritance: CRISPR and the Ethics of Human Genome Editing, will join representatives from 11 nations in planning the three-day summit at the Francis Crick Institute next March. The summit is being organised by the UK Royal Society and Academy of Medical Sciences, the U.S. National Academies of Sciences and Medicine and UNESCO-The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries
Read more ...
- CRISPR‑Cas9 and the Theo‑Ethics of Gene Editing
- Dal Bioethicist Named to Committee that Will Shape Global Summit and Discussion on Human Genome Editing
- International Science Council Board
- Heritable Human Genome Editing: Who Decides? Science or Society?
- Proof of Vaccination/Vaccine Passport Town Hall
- Why Cities Like Boston Shouldn't Follow New York's Lead on Vaccination Passports
- Optimizing the Data Available via Health Canada's Clinical Information Portal
- WHO Issues New Recommendations on Human Genome Editing for the Advancement of Public Health