Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Bioethicist Calls New Organ Donation Legislation Undemocratic
Nova Scotia's new organ donation law is coming in January (2021). Françoise Baylis is critical of the change to a default opt out "donation" policy which presumes, rather than ask for, voluntariness from "donors". Baylis draws attention to the entical problems with this approach and points to the many other variables which need to be addressed in trying to make the system of organ donation and transplantation work better for the public.
- Pandemic Opportunism at Dalhousie – “People Feel Completely Disrespected”
- Rush to Risky Challenge Trials is Unethical
- COVID‑19 Animal Research Reveals Ethical Shortcomings
- Bioethicist Calls New Organ Donation Legislation Undemocratic
- CRISPR Gene‑Editing Reality Check
- Patient Data and Confidentiality: Can This Really Exist in the Current Climate?
- Françoise Baylis Wants to Help You Understand Genome Editing
- Why Canadians Should Fight Tooth and Nail Against Proof‑of‑Immunity Cards