Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Synthetic Biology: Blurring Boundaries to Create New Realities
16 Sept 2017 (4:30PM-5:30PM)
Forum II Stage
Frankfurt Festahalle, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Panellists: Françoise Baylis, Karen Ingram, Erika Milczek & Britt Wray.
From 15th to 17th September 2017, the first edition of the me Convention will be held in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. This collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and SXSW will bring together experts from the creative, design and technology industries for a critical dialogue about the future. Join us for three days of expert talks, inspiring keynotes, workshops, interactive labs, and art installations, and a special program of evening events that will be held throughout the historic city center.
- "Highs & Lows": Cannabis Use, Genetics, & Mental Illness
- The Council of Europe and the Prohibition on Human Germline Genome Editing
- Falling Walls Lab
- Commentary on Prof. Mary Crossley's paper, "Children's Disability, Parental Autonomy, and Identity"
- Activism and the Hallowed Halls of Academia
- Can't You Hear That Lonesome Whistle Blow? Why medical researchers stay silent about dangers to human subjects
- Genome Editing of Human Embryos Broadens Ethics Discussions
- Synthetic Biology: Blurring Boundaries to Create New Realities