Free public screening with expert-led panel discussion afterwards.
Monday, Januray 18, 2016 (7:00PM)
QEII Royal Bank Theatre, Halifax Infirmary, Main Floor, 1796 Summer St. entrance
Synopsis: "Based on Paco Roca's comic of the same title (2008 Spanish National Comic Prize), WRINKLES is a 2D animated feature-length film for an adult audience. Wrinkles portrays the friendship between Emilio and Miguel, two aged gentlemen shut away in a care home. Recent arrival Emilio, in the early stages of Alzheimer, is helped by Miguel and colleagues to avoid ending up on the feared top floor of the care home, also known as the lost causes or "assisted" floor. Their wild plan infuses their otherwise tedious day-to-day with humor and tenderness, because although for some their lives are coming to an end, for them it is just a new beginning" (IMDB).
Topics for discussion: Alzheimer's disease, dementia, aging, nursing home care, coping
- On what basis did Health Canada approve OxyContin in 1996? A retrospective analysis of regulatory data
- Matthew Herder Resigns from Patented Medicine Prices Review Board
- Permissive regulation: A critical review of the regulatory history of buprenorphine formulations in Canada
- Fair pricing of “old” orphan drugs: considerations for Canada’s orphan drug policy
- Podcast or Perish: Episode 040: Françoise Baylis
- Bioethicist Françoise Baylis asks why humans think 'they can just take everything'
- Killam Prize winners discuss research in Canada
- World‑renowned Dalhousie bioethicist and battery pioneer win prestigious Killam Prize