» Go to news main
Adm Brian Santarpia, Commander Maritime Forces Atlantic, March 8
CSSD welcomes Rear-Admiral Brian Santarpia, Commander Maritime Forces Atlantic, on Wednesday, March 8, 1:00-2:30pm, in McMechan Auditorium. More details to follow.
Rear-Admiral B.W.N Santarpia [PDF - 91KB]
COMMANDER MARITIME FORCES ATLANTIC / JOINT TASK FORCE ATLANTIC
Rear-Admiral Brian Santarpia enrolled in the Canadian Forces, as a Naval Officer, in 1986. After completing his training, he served in a succession of operational postings at sea in Her Majesty’s Canadian Ships and in numerous training billets, including as a Navigation Instructor, Head of the Warfare Training Division, Operations Officer of Sea Training Pacific, and in 2008, Commanding Officer of Sea Training Atlantic.
His command appointments include HMCS ST JOHN’s, Sea Training Atlantic, Canadian Forces Base Halifax, Combined Task Force 150 in Bahrain, and in 2020, Maritime Forces Atlantic / Joint Task Force Atlantic.
Additionally, he has filled several staff positions including Special Advisor to the Vice Chief of Defence Staff, Director General Navy Strategic Readiness, Chief of Staff to the Vice Chief of Defence Staff, Director General Plans at the Strategic Joint Staff and Chief of Staff in the Joint Operations Command.
RAdm Santarpia has a Bachelor of Commerce from Royal Roads University, a Masters of Defence Studies from Royal Military College and is a graduate of the National Securities Program of the Canadian Forces College in Toronto.
- Turkiye elections event, March 21
- 2023 Glyn Berry Lecture – Prof. Jason Lyall, March 9
- Adm Brian Santarpia, Commander Maritime Forces Atlantic, March 8
- John Mitton book published by University of Toronto Press
- “A Feminist Conversation on Military Culture Change” public keynote by Dr. Cynthia Enloe, Feb 18
- "Changing Military Culture Through True Stories" public lecture by Dr. Kelly S. Thompson
- The Russian Invasion of Ukraine, One Year Later
- NAOC presentation on NATO, Jan 31