Congratulations to our 4th Annual Dalhousie Top Co‑op Award Winners» Go to news main
As with many other events this year, the fourth-annual Dalhousie Top Co-op Awards was officially postponed back in March 2020, just as the pandemic made it impossible to gather together.
Since an in-person event seems unlikely for some time, it remains important to us that we recognize our student and employer winners, even if it’s done virtually this year. This is our opportunity to thank those who support the co-op program by providing meaningful work experiences to our students, while acknowledging just a few of our brilliant students.
Without further ado, we are pleased to share the winners of this year’s Top Co-op Awards!
TOP CO-OP STUDENTS OF THE YEAR
As nominated by their co-op employer. Read more about our student winners.
- Faculty of Science | Gayathri Ponneri, Biology
- Faculty of Engineering | Nicole LeRoux, Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Science | Alicia Wong, Computer Science
- Faculty of Management | Kara Feeley, Bachelor of Commerce
- Architecture | Laure Nolte, Bachelor of Environmental Design Studies
- Planning | Kristen Bartmann, Master of Planning
TOP CO-OP EMPLOYERS OF THE YEAR
Presented to ten industry categories based on student nominations.
- Architectural Services:
Diane Choih, Ann Beha Architects
- Energy & Resources:
Kent Taylor, Imperial Oil Ltd
- Engineering Services:
David Mackenzie, Lockheed Martin Canada
- Financial Services
Aadil Abdulla, RBC
- Information & Communications Technology
Kimberly Poffenroth, Urban Analytics
- Management Consulting
Nadine LaRoche, Trampoline
Jason Spears, Port Hawkesbury Paper Ltd.
- Public Sector & Non-Profit
Suresh C. Jaisingh, Canada Post Corporation
- Research & Development
Kenji Kojima, TRIUMF
- Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods
Tom Kaniak, J.D. Irving Limited – Irving Consumer Products
EMERGING EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Recognizing employers new to Dalhousie’s co-op programs within the past three years.
- Winner: EnPoint
- Finalists: Heritage Trust of Nova Scotia, RGH Inc. Chartered Professional Accountants
LEGACY EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Recognizing employers who have been active and supportive in Dalhousie’s co-op programs for a minimum of five years.
- Winner: RBC Financial Group
- Finalists: Emera Inc., Gracenote
The Dalhousie Top Co-op Awards event is a joint collaboration between Dalhousie’s Management Career Services, Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-operative Education and the Faculty of Architecture and Planning and the awards honour both our co-op students as well as the employers who hire them each year.