Phone: (902) 494-2257
Fax: (902) 494-5130
6316 Coburg Road - PO BOX 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Environmental statistics
- Statistical genetics and bioinformatics
Office Number: Chase Room 309
Education: PhD - University of California (Berkeley) (1988)
MSc - University of Calgary (1982)
BSc(Animal Biology)-University of Calgary (1975)
BSc(Statistic) -University of Calgary (1979)
Scholarly Interests: Frequency domain time series and point processes, with applications to the study of sealevel, and prediction of flood risk; Statistical genetics: inference methods for quantitative trait loci, including finite mixture models; Pedigree estimation; Vaccine clinical trials.
- Greenberg, D.A., Blanchard, W., Smith, B. and Barrow, E. (2012) Climate change, mean sea level and high tides in the Bay of Fundy. Atmosphere Ocean, 50, 261-276.
- Sarhan, A., Hamilton, D., Smith, B. and Kundu, D. (2011) The bivariate generalized linear failure rate distribution and its multivariate extension. Computational statistics and data analysis, 55, 644-654.
- Qin, Y.S., Smith, B. and Lei, Q. (2009) Test for homogeneity in normal mixtures with unknown means and variances. J. Statist. Plan. Inf. 139, 4176 - 4189.
- Midorikowa, S., Miyaoka, E. and Smith, B. (2008) Applicaton of dynamic Poisson models to Japanese cancer mortality data. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 7 (2), 577-587.
Personal site: http://bsmith.mathstat.dal.ca