News» Go to news main
Announcing the Aurum Awards and Nominations
The Aurum Awards celebrate the innovators and visionaries who are making a difference in their communities and around the world. These awards build on the outstanding achievements and legacy of past Dalhousie Alumni Award recipients. While the name of our alumni awards has changed the essence remains the same – we are celebrating Dalhousie alumni for their meaningful accomplishments and recognizing the impact they make every day in developing ideas, knowledge and talent to build a better world.
The Aurum (Latin for gold) Awards symbolize the strength and wisdom of our alumni community and capture the “black & gold” spirit of the university.
The Aurum Awards recognize alumni for their outstanding achievements in innovation, community engagement and leadership, and contributions to the social, cultural and economic well-being of society. Nominate yourself or a peer today!
Nominations close on Friday, April 5, 2019. Award recipients will be celebrated on Friday, May 31. Purchase your tickets today and join the celebrations.
Please note nominations are carried forward for two years; 2017 Dalhousie Alumni Awards nominations will be considered for the 2019 Aurum Awards. Update your alumni contact information today.
- Congratulations to James McNeil on his successful SSHRC Insight Development Grant
- Faculty Profile: Wimal Rankaduwa
- 29th Graham Lecture was delivered by Dr Herb Emery
- Wendy Cornwall (PhD 1977) and Lars Osberg were awarded Lifetime Membership by the ACEA
- Rhodes Scholarship Information Session ‑ Sept. 7
- Dal Economics is hosting the 48th Annual ACEA Conference: Call for Papers
- CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SPRING 2022 GRADUATES!!!
- University Medal in Economics, 2022