Towards excellence in the public service
The School of Public Administration offers a number of options for students interested in pursuing graduate studies and advancing their career opportunities. Our graduate programs make it possible to realize advanced educational objectives and to achieve academic ambitions in public policy and public management. For students seeking to work towards careers in the public service, there are also undergraduate options available.
Many courses are available for students seeking either full-time or part-time study, and there are also distance education options.
- Bachelor of Management - Major in Public Sector Management (BMgmt)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Public Administration - Juris Doctor (MPA/JD)
- Master of Public Administration - Management (MPA M)
- Master of Public Administration - Master of Library & Information Services (MPA/MLIS)
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration (GDPA)
Connecting students to government
Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, a provincial capital and the Atlantic hub of Federal Government departments, the School has strong relationships with all levels of government: local, provincial and federal. We partner with the Governments of Canada and Nova Scotia to provide students with opportunities for field projects and internships, guest lectures, and hiring opportunities upon graduation.
Our unique position within the Faculty of Management connects us to the School of Business Administration, the School of Information Management and the School for Resource and Environmental Studies, providing students with interdisciplinary learning opportunities and course offerings, with a foundation of values-based management.