News» Go to news main
In memoriam: Deborah Merry
The Faculty of Management extends deepest sympathy and condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Executive Education director Deborah Ann Merry. Deb passed away surrounded by family on Wednesday, March 29, at the QEII Halifax Infirmary. She was 49.
Deb, a graduate of Dalhousie's Recreation Management program, joined the then-fledgling Executive Education program as director in 2014. She brought to the position more than 20 years of experience in curriculum development in higher education, coaching and training.
Deb was known as a dynamic presence in the Faculty of Management, always full of energy and willing to take on a challenge. Her work establishing new leadership programs and building connections at Dalhousie and with the business community raised the profile of the Executive Education program across Nova Scotia and Canada. "Deb was a warm and caring friend, and a dedicated employee to Dalhousie," says Faculty of Management dean Sylvain Charlebois. "She will certainly be remembered as a wonderful colleague who gave freely of her time, advice and expertise."
A trust fund has been set up at the Bank of Nova Scotia, Macdonald Bridge Branch, at 112 Wyse Road, Dartmouth, to help her daughters pay for post-secondary education.
- Agreement allows NSCC graduates to complete a Dal bachelor's degree in two years
- Rowe School team champions at international analytics competition
- Dalhousie appoints new Rowe School of Business director
- Steve Blank and the Dalhousie entrepreneurship revolution
- 5th #mgmtcares Community Service Day benefits Adsum Centre
- Call for partner organizations for graduate student projects
- Graduate profiles: Meet the class of 2017
- "IOU one degree": Bachelor of Management student makes good