PO Box 15000
College of Pharmacy
- Adipose (fat) tissue and adipokines
- Breast cancer
- Clinical pharmacokinetics
- Chemerin and chemokine-like receptor 1 (CMKRL1)
- BSc Hon. (University of Manitoba)
- PhD (University of Manitoba)
- PDF (Dalhousie University)
Professor Goralski is currently researching the pharmacology of a group of natural product molecules called jadomycins with the goal of determining their usefulness in treating drug-resistant metastatic breast cancer. His second area of research is clinical pharmacokinetics that aims to understand the factors that lead to variability in drug responses and optimize drug therapies in specific clinical populations. His third research area focuses on the functional characterization of the fat tissue hormone chemerin to provide a better understanding of its involvement in obesity and obesity-associated diseases including cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Hall SR, Toulany J, Bennett LG, Martinez-Farina C, Robertson AW, Jakeman DL and Goralski KB. Identification of jadomycins as novel topoisomerase IIα inhibitors. J Pharmacol Exp Therapeutics. 2017 Nov;363 (2):196-210. Epub 2017 Sep 13. PMID: 28904004
- Wang Y, Goralski KB*, Landy K, Issa ME, Sleno L, Julien LC, Wood J, Roberts DJ and Hall RI*. An observational study examining the effects of a surgically induced inflammatory response on the distribution of morphine and its metabolites into cerebrospinal fluid. *These authors were Co-PIs and contributed equally to writing the manuscript. Can J Anesthesia. 2017 Oct;64(10):1009-1022.
- Toulany J, Parlee SD, Sinal CJ, Slayter KS, McNeil S and Goralski KB. CMKLR1 activation ex vivo does not increase proportionally to serum total chemerin in obese humans. Endocrine Connections. 2016: 5(6) 70-81. Published online Nov 8, 2016.
- Ladda MA, Goralski KB. Cytochrome P450s in kidney disease. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease. 2016: 23, 67-75. Published online March 12, 2016.
- Parlee SD, Wang Y, Poirier P, LaPointe M, Martin J, Bastien M, Cianflone C, Goralski, KB. Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch modifies plasma chemerin in the early and long-term post-operative periods. Obesity. 2015: 23,1201-1208. epub 2015 May 9
Underlined names = supervised trainees