PO Box 15000
College of Pharmacy
- Adipose (fat) tissue and adipokines
- Breast cancer
- Clinical pharmacokinetics
- Chemerin and chemokine-like receptor 1 (CMKRL1)
- BSc Hon. (University of Manitoba)
- PhD (University of Manitoba)
- PDF (Dalhousie University)
Professor Goralski is currently researching the pharmacology of a group of natural product molecules called jadomycins with the goal of determining their usefulness in treating drug-resistant metastatic breast cancer. His second area of research is clinical pharmacokinetics that aims to understand the factors that lead to variability in drug responses and optimize drug therapies in specific clinical populations. His third research area focuses on the functional characterization of the fat tissue hormone chemerin to provide a better understanding of its involvement in obesity and obesity-associated diseases including cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Toulany J, Parlee SD, Sinal CJ, Slayter KS, McNeil S and Goralski KB. CMKLR1 activation ex vivo does not increase proportionally to serum total chemerin in obese humans. Endocrine Connections. 2016: 5(6) 70-81. Published online Nov 8, 2016.
- Ladda MA, Goralski KB. Cytochrome P450s in kidney disease. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease. 2016: 23, 67-75. Published online March 12, 2016.
- Parlee SD, Wang Y, Poirier P, LaPointe M, Martin J, Bastien M, Cianflone C, Goralski, KB. Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch modifies plasma chemerin in the early and long-term post-operative periods. Obesity. 2015: 23,1201-1208. epub 2015 May 9
- Hall SR, Blundon HL, Ladda MA, Robertson AW, Martinez-Farina CF, Jakeman DL, Goralski KB. Jadomycin breast cancer cytotoxicity is mediated by a copper-dependent, reactive oxygen species-inducing mechanism. Pharmacology Research and Perspectives. 2015: 3(2). Published online Feb 2, 2015
- Wilson JA*, Goralski KB*, Soroka SD, Morrison M, Mossop P, Sleno L, Wang Y, Anderson DR. An evaluation of oral dabigatran etexilate pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in hemodialysis. J. Clin. Pharmacol. 2014: 54, 901-909. Published online May 28, 2014. * Co-PIs and contributed equally to writing the manuscript.
*Underlined names = supervised trainees