News» Go to news main
Alumni Day: Leading the Way – Explore Engineering’s cutting‑edge Additive Manufacturing technology
Dalhousie’s Faculty of Engineering is a leader in the exciting field of additive manufacturing research. Join researchers - Dr. Paul Bishop, Dr. Ali Nasiri and Dr. Kevin Plucknett - to explore new cutting-edge technologies including 3D ceramic printers and our large-scale metal additive manufacturing lab.
Date, Time & Location
Friday, May 26, 2023
10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Romero Room, Emera Idea Building, 1345 Norma Eddy Lane
Dr. Bishop will introduce you to the chain of equipment that allows study of the entire additive manufacturing production cycle from the new gas atomizer lab that converts alloys into powdered form, to the 3D metal printers. Together, they are producing parts for industry applications that are stronger, lighter, and more geometrically complex than could ever be created by traditional methods. They are also providing Engineering students with exclusive access to equipment rivalled by no other Canadian educational institution, and few others in North America.
Participants who register by May 12th will receive a special Dalhousie Engineering keepsake created from powdered alloy printed on our own 3D metal printers. Registration for this event is required and space is limited. The tour will take place from 10:00AM – 11:15AM, with a reception to follow in the Romero Room.
- After historic launch, Dal space lab preps next satellite with new mission lead at the helm
- Engineering Student Design Team Prepares for Another Electric Year
- Dalhousie Biomedical Engineering Students and Researchers Deliver Groundbreaking Solutions
- Dal Engineering partners with Indigenous group to improve educational opportunities
- Electrical Engineering Students Compete for Top Honours in Annual Robotics Challenge
- Dalhousie Engineering Researcher Receives Federal Funding to support Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) Research
- New President of the Dalhousie Engineering Undergraduate Society Ready to "Pay it Forward"
- 2023 Engineering Golf Tournament