News» Go to news main
Commemorating the 30th Anniversary of the École Polytechnique Massacre
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the mass shooting of fourteen women at École Polytechnique de Montréal (now Polytechnique Montreal).
In response to the tragedy, December 6th has been established as the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence against Women.
This year, Dalhousie University will be one of 14 universities across the country participating in a 30th anniversary memorial event with École Polytechnique. In honour of the lives lost, each university will shine a giant beam into the sky.
The event will be broadcast live on CBC across the country.
December 6, 2019
5:30pm – 6:16pm
Irving Oil Auditorium
Richard Murray Design Building
5257 Morris Street, Halifax, NS
Celebrating Female Engineers
In collaboration with Engineering Deans Canada, universities across Canada (including Dalhousie University) will commemorate this tragic event by celebrating the outstanding work of female engineers across Canada who were touched by the Montreal massacre.
Thirty inspiring profiles of female engineers who graduated around the time of the Massacre and whose career exemplifies the value women bring to the engineering profession can be viewed online.
- Ron Gilkie’s Dedication to Learning and Teaching
- Students Compete in Robotics Design Competition
- Lift as you climb
- Tiny Dal‑built satellite begins journey to big space launch
- International Women In Engineering Day
- Rising from the Ashes through Higher Education and Family
- Irving Oil Helps New Grad Find the Right Path
- Emera Sponsorship Helps Student Design Team Go Electric