News» Go to news main
IDEA Speaker Series
Join us for the Iaunch of the IDEA Speaker Series, showcasing inspiring leaders in Nova Scotia.
We’re kicking off the inaugural event with three incredible keynote speakers: Chris Huskilson, Pat Ryan, and Dale Robertson.
Our leaders are thinkers and problems solvers, with the power to innovate in times of rapid change. Their courage to take risks helped launch their inspiring careers, and paved the way for future leaders in Atlantic Canada.
Date and Time
Monday, November 25, 2019
Richard Murray Design Building
Irving Oil Auditorium
5257 Morris Street
Please register for this event through our EventBrite page. Link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/idea-speaker-series-tickets-79323979157
Chris Huskilson, past CEO and president, Emera Inc., is a recognized trailblazer in the energy sector. During his close to 40-year career with Nova Scotia Power and Emera he helped position the company as an industry leader and innovator.
Pat Ryan (BEng'83), founder and president of Neocon International, was the strategic architect behind the automotive OEM design and manufacturing leader that services “Grade A” customers such as Honda, General Motors and Mercedes.
Dale Robertson (BEng'78), founder of Enerscan Engineering and Enerscan Consultants Ltd., is a pioneer in the use of plastics for hardware in the electricity distribution industry, and is internationally recognized as a leader in energy management.
About the IDEA Speaker Series
The IDEA Speaker Series showcases innovation leaders in the Nova Scotia community, exposing students, alumni, startups, and ecosystem partners to opportunities for growth in their careers, and the tools and inspiration to drive a culture of innovation in Atlantic Canada.
About the Emera ideaHUB
The Emera ideaHUB at Dalhousie University is an advanced incubator and maker-space that empowers the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs, and start-ups. It is strengthening Atlantic Canada's innovation culture by building networks between universities, companies, governments, entrepreneurs and investors.
Emera ideaHUB, Dalhousie University Faculty of Engineering, Halifax Partnership, DALINNOVATES
- Engineering Student Receives Tyler Lewis Clean Energy Research Foundation Award
- Important Notice Regarding Iron Ring 2020
- Celebrating the Achievements of Women in Engineering
- IDEA Speaker Series: Dr. Giovana Celli and Veronica Merryfield
- Inspiring ideas: IDEA Speaker Series brings innovation to life
- Dal Engineering Professors Awarded CIHR Project Grant Funding
- Dalhousie Engineering Mourns Lives Lost in Ukraine International Airlines Crash
- Dalhousie researchers host workshop on climate change risks to coastal transportation infrastructure