Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 4R2
- adaptive reuse of buildings
- materials research
- DiplArch, Technical University of Lisbon
- MArch II, Harvard University
Current Teaching (2022–23)
- ARCH 4005: Design
- ARCH 9013: MArch Thesis II
Research / Practice Interests
Professor Verissimo maintains an active professional, interdisciplinary, and collaborative architectural practice, CVDB Arquitectos, that contributes to her academic research. She is also interested in green building design and is developing a thesis on new uses of cork as a material in architecture. She and Diogo Burnay will be the chief curators of the 2022 Lisbon Architecture Triennale.
- Verissimo, Cristina. 2019. "Cork: New Uses in Architecture." In Materials Research Proceedings 14: 13–19, ed. Patricia Jové Martin and Maria Verdum Virgos.
- 2013. "Colegio Braamcamp Freire: Via del aprendizaje." Ambientes (Chile) 92: 100.
- 2010. “Jovens Arquitectos Premiados Internacionalmente.” ARQA (Portugal) 84/85: 20–3.
- 2007. “O Tempo e os Materiais da Arquitectura.” Jornal Arquitectos (Portugal) 229: 36–7.
- 2006. "As Torres de Kaiping." In Estudos sobre a China 8, ed. Ana Maria Amaro et al, 379-92 (Lisbon: Superior de Ciências Sociais e Políticas).
Selected Built Works
- Mora Megalithic Museum, Mora, Portugal (completed 2016)
- Braamcamp Freire High School, Pontinha, Odivelas, Lisbon, Portugal (completed 2012)
- Muralha House, Santarem, Portugal (completed 2015)
- Elderly Centre, Carnaxide, Oeiras, Portugal (completed 2008)
- Cartaxo Cultural Centre, Cartaxo, Portugal (completed 2005)
Selected Honours and Awards
- Honourable Mention: Building Energy Efficiency, Prémio Nacional de Reabilitação Urbana 2019, Santa Marta 22 Condominium, St. Santa Marta, Lisbon, with Domus Concept and Tiago Filipe Santos. Client: João Fernandes e Cristóvão Lopes, Lda.
- Winner: ArchDaily, Education Building of the Year (2014) - for Braamcamp Freire High School, Odivelas, Lisbon, Portugal
- Winner: World Architecture News (WAN) Award, Education Sector, built buildings (2013) - for Braamcamp Freire High School, Odivelas, Lisbon, Portugal
- Odivelas Municipality Award for Architecture (2013) - for Braamcamp Freire High School, Odivelas, Lisbon, Portugal
- First prize: Mirario School Design Competition, Lisbon, Portugal (2012)
Scholarly or Professional Memberships
- Registered architect, Portuguese Architecture Chamber
- Member, CIAUD Research Centre for Architecture, Urban Planning and Design, Technical University of Lisbon
- Member, Foundation Francisco D’Ollanda School of Architecture of the Technical University of Lisbon