News» Go to news main
Job Posting ‑ Animal Science and Aquaculture
Position: Research Summer Student
Posting Date: April 5, 2018
Application Deadline: April 12, 2018
Department Location: Haley Institute, Dalhousie Agricultural Campus
Pay Rate: In accordance with the student pay scale depending on post-secondary education.
Job Description: Research being conducted on mitigating net greenhouse gas emissions from pasture grazed by dairy cows under a water management system in eastern Canada, under the supervision of Dr. Alan Fredeen.
Responsibilities: herding cows, soil sampling, preparation of carbon analysis, and irrigation of water sampling.
Qualifications: Background/experience in animal science and soil is required. Would prefer 2-3 years post-secondary education.
To apply for the above position, please forward your resume and the names of two references to:
Donna Jamieson, Administrative Assistant
Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture, Dalhousie University
58 Sipu Road, Truro, N.S., B2N 5E3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 1-902-895-6734
- Feeding a nation under lockdown
- Welcoming Donations to Prevent Poaching of Mountain Gorillas in Uganda
- Retirement ‑ Daryl Hayes
- Faculty of Agriculture well represented on first Canadian Agricultural Youth Council
- Feed NS Garden
- Succession Planting
- Principal’s Advisory Group on Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity – Expression of Interest
- North American Agricultural Advisory Network