News» Go to news main
Impact of Flood at MacRae Library
Impact of Flood on MacRae Library Spaces, Collections and Services
The Library experienced a significant flood in the staff area Monday evening that leaked down into our Archives and Journal Storage area. We are fortunate that Library staff, along with Security and Facilities Management staff, acted quickly and minimized the damage to the collections. We have been working hard to reopen but there are some important changes to be aware of when we open:
- The Library Service Point has temporarily moved to the IT desk. The IT Desk will be temporarily relocated to the Learning Commons
- All of the library staff offices have been relocated to the Librarian’s Corner (far right corner). We expect them to occupy that space for approximately two weeks. This is necessary for the staff and Service Point area to dry out and to remove the damaged carpet and replace it.
- Various materials that were damaged have been laid out to dry on tables on the main floor but primarily in the Librarian’s Corner.
- The Group Study Rooms will be unavailable for approximately 2 weeks as those rooms are being used to store archival materials. The Cobequid Room, however, remains available for your use.
- There are fans and dehumidifiers running throughout the main floor. They are expected to continue to run for the next couple of days. The lower level should continue to offer a quiet study environment.
Though our spaces have been affected, your services are in no way affected and you will continue to have full access to our Reserve, reference, journal and general collections, the Reading Rooms, the lower floor study areas and the Learning Commons. We cannot provide access to items in Journal Storage or the Archives at this time.
Library staff are looking forward to serving you again and we thank you for your patience. If you have any questions please contact the Library at email@example.com or 902-893-6669.
- College Royal 2018
- Scholarship @ Dal Libraries a New Series starting Fall 2018
- ACAA Athlete of the Week
- A Deeper Understanding of Resilience
- Rams Weekend Recap
- Atlantic Agricultural Hall of Fame ‑ PEI Inductee
- Inaugural Whale School Public Lecture Series
- Walktober 2018 Trivia questions