Last week the Faculty of Agriculture celebrated the success of student award recipients, and honoured the donors that make possible these scholarships and bursaries. The Faculty of Agriculture awards over 150 donor-sponsored undergraduate and graduate awards each year, recognizing academic achievement, leadership, athletics, community involvement, and involvement in agriculture. This year’s group of student award recipients again demonstrated a commitment to high achievement both in and out of the classroom.
Four new awards were recognized: Cobequid Salmon Association Scholarship, Cooke Aquaculture Scholarship, Dr. Donald Young Plant Science Award, and Wild Blueberry Producers Association of Nova Scotia Graduate Research Award.
Guest Speaker Paul Manning, Class of 2013 and a current Sessional Lecturer at the faculty, spoke of his experiences as a scholarship recipient, and the opportunities provided to him by his donors. A thank you to donors was offered by Dalhousie Agricultural Students’ Association President, Alana Bent, and remarks were provided by Dr. Richard Florizone and Dr. David Gray.
- The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Carpool Program Development Survey
- Upcoming Workplace Wellness activites ‑ March
- Community Supported Agriculture
- Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Annual Excellence in Student Leadership Awards
- Call for Expressions of Interest
- Travel to Halifax to celebrate Dalhousie's launch of African Heritage Month