News» Go to news main
Mo' money? No problem!
Some ‘staches were big, others were small, but the dollar figure raised dwarfed them all.
On Thursday, Movember — the global charity focused on men’s health — announced the winners of its Big Moustache on Campus (BMoC) competition, which challenged university teams to raise money for the cause during the month of November.
While the University of Toronto finished as the top fundraising school globally, Dalhousie was the leading Canadian school in per-capita fundraising. In total, 645 Dal students and faculty raised $93,566 — an impressive average of more than $145 per person.
The prize for both universities: a campus visit from renowned Canadian astronaut (and moustache icon) Commander Chris Hadfield sometime in 2014.
- Undergraduate Student Research Intern
- Providing Rich Feedback Online
- March Madness Clearance Sale
- Growing Online‑ Alberta Master Gardener Training Program a Success!
- Invitation to Accessibility Plan Focus Group (Student session)
- Summer Small ‑ Introduction to Aquaculture
- Care for Graduate students
- Calling All Instructors and Professors – Your Input For COIL Is Needed!