From on-campus dining halls to nearby restaurants
You'll have plenty of dining options to choose from during your stay. Buffet meals in our dining halls. An eclectic colllection of restaurants around Spring Garden Road. Or a quick bite from the coffee shop up the street. What do you have a taste for?
One of our dining halls is often open for a breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet—depending on business levels. A minimum guarantee of 20 guests is required to open the hall for any meal but this can be in combination with other guests. Please inquire about availability when you check in.
Some locations might have limited hours outside of the academic year, so please check with the front desk.
- Second Cup (Killam Library & Computer Science)
- Library Bistro (Killam Library)
- SUBWAY (Killam Library)
- Tim Hortons (Life Sciences Centre & Student Union Building)
- Extreme Pita (Life Sciences Centre)
- Pizza Pizza (Life Sciences Centre)
- Grille Works (Life Sciences Centre)
- Green Café (Rowe Management Building)
- Topios (Mona Campbell Building)
- My 3 Cousins (food truck, across from Killam Library)
View the Dining Locations map on the Campus Dish website.
This is just a sample of some of the restaurants, coffee shops and eateries within a few minutes' walk from campus.
- Coburg Coffee House 6085 Coburg Road
- Café Istanbul 5986 Spring Garden Road
- Jean's Chinese Restaurant 5972 Spring Garden Road
- Starbucks Coffee 5991 Spring Garden Road
- Xtreme Pizza 5970 Spring Garden Road
- Big General Store 6070 South Street
- Just Us Café 5896 Spring Garden Road
And of course, there are options of every flavour within the Spring Garden Road area, in the downtown and along the waterfront. See the Destination Halifax website to learn more.