Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Brain Health: Sleep 2023
The Weston Family Foundation, through the Weston Brain Institute (the “Institute”), aims to catalyze and scale science-based approaches to significantly improve the health and well-being of Canadians. There is growing evidence that making key lifestyle changes may reduce the risk of brain diseases of aging and slow cognitive decline.
The Institute is pleased to announce the launch of a new funding opportunity. The Brain Health: Sleep 2023 program seeks to reduce the risk and/or slow the progression of neurodegenerative diseases of aging by accelerating the development of healthy lifestyle approaches relating to sleep.
- Observational or interventional studies that accelerate the development of sleep-based strategies to improve brain-related outcome measures relevant to (or associated with) neurodegenerative diseases of aging. Projects should generate the evidence-base for the future implementation of better therapeutic interventions, guidelines, and recommendations on sleep.
- Preliminary data is required for this program.
Funding per project: Up to $1,200,000 over 3 years.
- Program information session: April 25, 2023 (register here) or June 6, 2023 (register here)
- Letter of Intent deadline: July 11, 2023 (Apply here)
- Award announcement: March 2024
For more information about this program, including details on project and applicant eligibility, Institute definitions, program review criteria and expected project outcomes, please visit the website to access the Program Details document and the Letter of Intent template. A copy of the RFA can be found here [PDF].
Letter of Intent Deadline
Internal: June 27, 2023 at 4:30pm. Contact the grants facilitator for your faculty. For additional resources, click here for guidance on internal deadlines and submission processes.
Funder: July 11, 2023. Please send your questions to Rene Prashad, Senior Program Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- SSHRC Insight Grants
- Research Nova Scotia
- Alzheimer Society Research Program
- Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Network on Sustainable Agriculture in a Net‑Zero Economy
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Section 889 of FAR Case 2019 009
- Mitacs GRI: Final call for faculty submissions