Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Atlantic Climate Research Collaboration
The Atlantic Climate Research Collaboration (ACRC) is a new initiative co-sponsored by CANSSI, CANSSI Atlantic, and Research Nova Scotia. It provides funding for research partnerships that use statistical and data science methods and models to address climate change and its impacts on coastal communities.
- Funding is expected to range from $50K to $100K per project
- Funded projects will investigate climate change impact on coastal communities and opportunities for mitigation and adaptation with potential for immediate impact.
- Projects will have a significant component related to developing new fundamental statistical and inferential data science methodology and models and/or applying statistical and data science methods and models in innovative ways.
The program aims to do the following:
- Foster and support research and training that spans postsecondary institutions and disciplines in Atlantic Canada
- Provide an inclusive environment that draws in faculty, students, and application partners from across Atlantic Canada
- Create collaborative research teams that outlive the program itself
How to Apply
The application deadline for Intake 1 (Winter 2022) is Friday, February 10, 2023.
Visit the ACRC page on Research Nova Scotia's website for full details and the application link.
If interested in purusing this opportunity, contact the grants facilitator for your faculty. For additional resources, click here for guidance on internal deadlines and submission processes.
- United States Department of Defense
- Brain Health: Sleep 2023
- Societal Impact of Science Conference
- United States Department of Defense new funding opportunities
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Russell Sage Foundation
- Dalhousie’s Internal Research Awards
- 2023 Discovery Awards