Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
AGE‑WELL and Canadian Frailty Network
Under the new HAC research collaborative, the 2023 Catalyst Funding Program in Healthy Aging is being launched to support innovative one-year research projects with a focus on technology-enabled solutions or novel technologies that support healthy aging across the older adult life course, through to end of life. Projects may consider complementary social and healthcare innovations (e.g., new community programs, new service-delivery models, policy recommendations, and prevention strategies) related to the technology-enabled solution.
The 2023 Catalyst Funding Program in Healthy Aging aims to identify and support emerging research in technology-enabled healthy aging, foster networking and collaboration, and build capacity in aging innovation research in Canada. It is expected that small-scale projects funded through this call will provide a foundation for future larger research projects or funding applications.
This funding opportunity is open to researchers based at Canadian research institutions that are eligible to hold Tri-Council funding (see Eligibility requirements in full funding announcement). Current or prior affiliation with either AGE-WELL or CFN is not required.
Award Value and Term
- Up to $50,000 over 12 months
- Funding starts April 2023
- Program Launch: December 15, 2022
- Internal Application Deadline: February 10, 2023
- Funder Application Deadline: February 24, 2023
- Notice of Decision: April 2023
Funding application materials will available January 2023.
For detailed information about this funding call including, eligibility, special funding streams, priorities and application expectations, please review the full text of the funding announcement.
Internal: For questions about this program, contact the grants facilitator for your faculty.
- Secrétariat du Québec
- Mitacs Globalink Research Awards (GRA) Thematic Call
- IDRC and UK DHSC ‑ Innovative Veterinary Solutions for Antimicrobial Resistance (InnoVet‑AMR)
- Pfizer Global Medical Grants RFP: HRRm Testing in Metastic Prostate Cancer
- SSHRC Partnership Development Grants
- SSHRC Knowledge Synthesis Grants
- SSHRC Connection Grants
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada