Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
CIHR ‑ European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJP RD) call for proposals 2022
CIHR-IG is pleased to be partnering with the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS), Ataxia Canada and approximately twenty-six international funding organizations in the context of this European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJP RD) call for proposals 2022.
The topic of the call is Development of new analytic tools and pathways to accelerate diagnosis and facilitate diagnostic monitoring of rare diseases.
Projects shall focus on a group of rare diseases or a single rare disease following the European definition i.e. a disease affecting not more than five in 10.000 persons in the European Community, EC associated states, Australia and Canada. Applicants are encouraged to assemble groups of rare diseases based on relevant criteria and commonalities if this leverages added value in sharing resources or expertise.
The maximum amount per grant is CAD150,000 per year for up to 3 years, for a total of CAD 450,000 per grant.
For an application to be eligible, all the requirements stated below must be met:
- The Nominated Principal Applicant (NPA) leading the Canadian component must be an independent researcher affiliated with a Canadian postsecondary institution and/or its affiliated institutions.
- The NPA must have their substantive role in Canada for the duration of the requested grant term.
- If the Canadian team in the consortium includes more than one Canadian researcher, only one of them must be named the NPA on the abbreviated application submitted to CIHR.
- All Canadian applications must additionally meet EJP RD JTC2022 eligibility.
For more information, you can access the full call here.
If interested in this opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Proposal deadline: February 9, 2022 at 4:30pm. Click here for guidance on internal deadlines and submission processes.
Pre-Proposal deadline: February 16, 2022
Full Proposal deadline: June 15, 2022
Contact email: email@example.com
- SSHRC Insight Grants
- Research Nova Scotia
- Alzheimer Society Research Program
- Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Network on Sustainable Agriculture in a Net‑Zero Economy
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Section 889 of FAR Case 2019 009
- Mitacs GRI: Final call for faculty submissions