Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Ongoing Research Funding Opportunities with US Army
The United States Army offers several funding opportunities.
The Short-term Innovative Research (STIR) Program is valued at up to $60,000 USD and is open to Canadian researchers. It supports rapid, short-term investigations to assess the merit of innovative new concepts in basic research. These awards provide an excellent opportunity to showcase new concepts and explore new areas in basic research, and have helped shape new directions in research for the Army.
There is also a Visiting Scientist Program for international scientists to visit the United States and foster collaboration with the Army Research Office.
Other opportunities for basic and applied scientific research are ongoing and may be open to Canadian researchers.
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
- United States Department of Defense research funding
- Grad students and access to lab spaces
- NSERC Alliance Grants
- The Federated Research Data Repository
- New Frontiers in Research Fund ‑ Exploration Stream
- Sony Research Award Program
- Ataxia Canada Foundation