Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
IDRC: Generating and mobilizing innovative knowledge for regional education challenges
The Global Partnership for Education (GPE) and IDRC invite proposals for regional grants from individual organizations or consortia of multiple organizations. The grants are for national, sub-national, or regional level projects to generate and mobilize knowledge to support national education systems in developing country contexts to address shared policy challenges related to improving access, quality, and the performance of their systems.
Proposals should address one or more of the following four policy challenges shared among GPE member countries in East, West, and Southern Africa:
- Strengthening in-service teacher mentorship and support
- Increasing access to early childhood care and education for rural and marginalised children
- Increasing access to quality education for rural and marginalised children; and
- Strengthening utilisation of learning assessments
To be eligible, the lead organization must be a Southern organization based in Africa. Other consortium members may include members from within the region; national, regional, or international offices of multi-lateral organizations or international NGOs; or other organizations from outside the region.
Funding amounts will range between $750,000-1,200,000 CAD and research projects should have a total duration of 31 months.
For more information, including application guidelines and details about registering for an upcoming webinar about the call on September 17, please see the following link.
Internal: October 30, 2020 at 4:30 pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Funder: November 6, 2020 at 11:45 pm (EST). Contact email@example.com
- University of the Arctic
- Research Nova Scotia Newsletter – March 2021
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Research Data Management
- Education for Refugee and Displaced Children and Youth in Sub‑Saharan Africa
- Association of Commonwealth Universities: Virtual Mobility Project Grants
- Info session on the new Marie Sklodowska‑Curie Actions
- United States Department of Defense