Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Canadian Blood Services Blood Efficiency Accelerator Award Program
The Canadian Blood Services is currently accepting applications for the 2019 Blood Efficiency Accelerator Award Program Competition. The objective of the Program is to improve the efficient and appropriate utilization of blood products, while maintaining the safety of the blood system.
Examples of projects funded through this program in previous competitions include:
- A program to minimize preventable and inappropriate blood product transfusions in liver surgery
- Feasibility in Canada for a non-invasive prenatal testing using single-exon fetal RHD determination
- Assessment of the quality of granulocyte concentrates to optimize their use in transfusion therapy
- Optimizing rejuvenation to improve the product quality of pathogen-inactivation and gamma-irradiated red cell concentrates.
For detailed information about the Blood Efficiency Accelerator Award Program competition, please refer to the Program Guidelines. To stay informed about Canadian Blood Services’ Centre for Innovation funding opportunities, please sign up for its Research & Education newsletter.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Deadline: July 8, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Agency Deadline: July 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm
- R&D Sessions Sneak Peek
- SSHRC Insight Grants and Joint Initiative for Digital Citizen Research
- CIHR UD Meeting
- SSHRC Connection Grants and Joint Initiative for Digital Citizen Research
- Research Data Management Capacity Building Initiative
- Joint Initiative for Digital Citizen Research
- Canadian Space Agency
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada