Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Important Changes to the Payroll Process for Grant‑Paid Employees
As an outcome of Strategic Priority 5.7 the payroll process for Grant-Paid employees was reviewed. Based on our review, including feedback from the Research community, improvements to this process will be made. The first phase of changes to this process are as follows:
- Effective immediately all Payroll Forms for Grant-Paid employees are to be forwarded directly to the Payroll Department instead of Financial Services. Eliminating this step will provide a more efficient system, prevent misdirected forms and reduce processing time. Please note, funding agency spending rules for compensation-related expenses will still apply, and compliance with spending rules will be verified regularly.
- All forms and required attachments, including employment contracts, are to be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The original forms are to be destroyed. The electronic version that you have emailed is now the version of record. You will find your copy in your sent items.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes please feel free to contact your Research Grants Administrator in Financial Services for assistance.
The next phase of this process improvement project is expected to be implemented in Fall 2018. This will include an updated payroll form which is currently being designed. Training tools will be provided at that time.
Manager, Research & Special Purpose Accounting
- New Competitions from Innovative Solutions Canada
- Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) Funding Opportunities
- Vice‑President Research and Innovation International Seed Fund (VPRIIS Fund)
- Mitacs‑JSPS Internship 2019
- Council of Canadian Academies (CCA) Board of Directors
- Weston Brain Institute: Rapid Response and Transformational Research: Canada 2019
- Big Thinking: The Social Implications of Artificial Intelligence
- Rare Disease Foundation