Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
SSHRC Insight Development Grants
The Insight Development Grants (IDG) 2018 application form is now available in SSHRC’s Research Portal. The application deadline is February 2, 2018 and the results will be available to institutions by June 2018.
New this year and of particular interest to applicants
- Applicants can select a specific adjudication committee to evaluate their application instead of a research group;
- The adjudication committee structure will include disciplinary, multidisciplinary and thematic committees;
- Specific instructions for applicants who have selected one of the two multidisciplinary committees have been added to the Summary of Proposal module;
- A Reviewer Exclusion module has been added; and
- The PDF formatting of the Funds Requested from SSHRC module has been improved.
Instructions for the IDG application can be found within the application form. However, we have created the attached PDF document to assist applicants, administrators and research officers who wish to consult the instructions offline.
Detailed information is also available to applicants preparing an IDG research-creation application.
A “Test Organization” is available for administrators and research officers who are completing a test or practice application. We therefore ask administrators to select ZZZ-INTERNAL TESTING ENVIRONMENT as their administering organization.
For technical questions please contact:
For Programs-related questions please contact:
Research Grants and Partnerships Division
Tim Wilson, PhD
Executive Director | Directeur exécutif
Research Grants and Partnerships Division | Division des subventions de recherche et partenariats Research Programs
SSHRC | CRSH
- SSHRC Impact Awards evaluation and management response
- Pengrowth Nova Scotia Energy Innovation Grant
- Webinars on Insight Development Grants at SSHRC
- IWK Research Rounds: Dr. Steve Kisely
- OFI International Post‑Doctoral Program
- CIHR University Delegate Report: December 2017
- Launch of the 2018 SSHRC Impact Awards Competition
- OERA & NSERC Agreement to Enhance Offshore Energy Research & Development