Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
2018 Resource Allocation Competition Open
The annual Resource Allocation Competition (RAC) is designed to accommodate researchers needing advanced computing resources beyond the normal or Rapid Access allocations. RAC consists of two segments – Resources for Research Groups (RRG) and the Research Platforms & Portals (RPP).
The RPP competition is targeted specifically at applications that create new or support existing research platforms or portals. Allocations in this competition may be awarded over multiple years, up to a maximum of three years.
The RRG is targeted at applications from individuals or small groups in need of compute or storage resources beyond what can be obtained via the Rapid Access Service. Allocations are awarded based on the quality of the science, quality of the research team, and development of highly qualified personnel (HQP). More details on these can be found on Compute Canada’s website.
The following dates apply to the 2018 competition:
Deadline for Fast Track submissions (by invitation only) November 2nd, 2017
Deadline for RRG and RPP submissions November 16th, 2017
Award letters sent Late March 2018
Allocation begins Mid-April 2018
Two online information sessions are scheduled:
October 11th, 1:00-2:30pm ADT, English REGISTER
October 13th, 1:00-2:30pm ADT, French REGISTER
If you have any questions, reach out to your local team at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NCE Knowledge Mobilization (NCE KM) Initiative
- innovacorp ‑ Early Stage Commercialization Fund
- Internal Review Deadline: SSHRC Insight Development Grant (IDG) applications
- Ocean Frontier Institute: "Small Seed Fund" program
- CIHR University Delegate Report: January 2018
- Rare Disease Foundation: Microgrant Program
- CIHR Project Grant: Spring 2018 Application Webinar
- Pursuit Award Competition 2018