Top 6 reasons to choose Italian Studies at Dal:
- Cultural importance: Italy's cultural influence spans antiquity to the present, of which the Roman period and the Renaissance might be the two most influential eras.
- Scientific language: Taking Italian as a minor is useful to students of medicine, sciences and mathematics.
- Italian for business: Think of the advantage to being able to connect with trendsetters in design, couture, cuisine, manufacturing, shipbuilding and robotics.
- Literary tradition: Read some of the world's most famous writers in the original language, from Dante and Boccaccio, to Verga, Pirandello, and Gramsci, to name a few.
- Beauty: It's wonderful to listen to and a delight to speak. There are an estimated 63-million Italian speakers in the world to talk to.
- Italian Studies Student Society: Our society recently won two university awards. Students organize movie screenings, dinners, poetry readings, performances and parties.