Top 10 reasons to study ESS at Dalhousie:
- Lead Change: Help solve complex global challenges—like water and energy security, climate change, environmental degradation, and increasing urbanization.
- Experiential learning: Participate in on- or off-campus internships and gets hands-on experience dealing with sustainability issues.
- Dynamic team-taught lectures: Profs and other experts from diverse disciplines—business, the arts, social science, health, planning—share many perspectives on the same issue.
- Join communities, on campus and off: live, learn and work with like-minded change-makers.
- Read the Sustainability News Blog: for the latest postings about events on campus, jobs and internship opportunities in Halifax and beyond.
- Green space: The College of Sustainability is located in the Mona Campbell Building—one of the greenest buildings on the Dal campus.
- Lectures, films, and more: Our Thursday lecture series will engage you in sustainability-related issues.
- Learn skills you can take to the workplace: The ESS program’s interdisciplinary approach prepares you for work in public service, industry, not-for-profit, and the private sector. Attend the Green Jobs Fair.
- Live and learn: With like-minded students in an environmentally conscious residence community.
- Bursaries/Awards: The College of Sustainability offers a number of bursaries and scholarships for students, including the ESS Travel Bursary.