Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 5 reasons to study Environmental Sciences at Dalhousie:
- Specialized study: Get an education that sparks your interest - focus your degree on one of six scientific areas of specialty.
- An integrated program: At our Faculty of Agriculture in Truro, you’ll study a mix of disciplines from analytical and biosciences to ecology and ecophysiology, gaining a solid understanding of the forces behind environmental processes.
- Hands-on work: Learn by using our scientific instruments to identify environmental issues and apply the science behind them to find reasonable and workable solutions.
- Expert teaching: Whatever you choose as your specialty, you’ll get instruction from well-trained minds like soil scientists, bioproducts scientists, horticulturalists and animal scientists.
- Employment opportunities: Canada’s environmental industry is diverse, and it continues to grow. Employers are seeking graduates with broad skill sets and the ability to learn on the job. You’ll gain both of these advantages in our program.
What will I learn?
The Environmental Sciences program will give you the knowledge to understand and solve real-world problems related to environmental chemistry and biology, soil and water quality, waste management, climate and environmental economics.
What can I do?
Our graduates have secured employment in various government agencies and private industries. You could have an exciting career as an environmental researcher, technician, consultant or manager, or choose from our specialty graduate programs.