Undergraduate first-year program: Integrated Science
Top 5 reasons to study Integrated Science at Dal:
- Cover it all: this first-year program option allows you to study biology, chemistry, math, physics, earth sciences, psychology and statistics all at once to give you a well-rounded education early on.
- Breaking boundaries: You’ll have a firm footing in many core subjects, allowing you to think across boundaries and excel as a BSc student the following years.
- Jump right in: Interested in discovery? You’ll conduct real scientific research in your first year of university.
- Tight-knit group: You'll be part of a small group of like-minded science students with lots of opportunities to interact with instructors and classmates.
- Hands-on learning: take a break from the textbooks and test your knowledge in labs and during field work.
Students who started with Integrated Science have become dentists, physiotherapists, scientists, doctors, professors, information technology experts, CEOs, psychologists and medical researchers—just to name a few.
Research & field work
You'll learn about scientific research by working in a team under the supervision of a Dal scientist. Field trips to a variety of coastal sites in Nova Scotia will give you a glimpse of science in the field.