Top 5 reasons to study Cinema and Media at Dalhousie:
- Learn more about the dominant form of entertainment in the modern world, and why cinema’s impact is so important and so relevant.
- Become skilled in audiovisual analysis, a highly transferable skill within our multimedia culture, and in any field dealing with audiovisual media.
- Gain new perspectives on the world by viewing society through the lenses of the world’s greatest directors and cinematographers.
- Encounter a wide variety of forms of critical analysis through our varied courses: formal, ideological, historical, and political.
- Learn active critical thinking and writing skills.
What will I learn?
Learn the art of audiovisual analysis; study film history from its beginnings to the present day; discover a wide variety of genres, directors, and national cinemas; experience a variety of methods of study.
What can I do?
Taking classes in the Cinema and Media Studies program could help lead you to a variety of careers related to film or the film industry, whether you’re interested in making or writing about films.