Top 7 reasons to study Meteorology at Dal:
- You’ll use the latest in radar and satellite technology as you learn how to predict weather patterns and systems.
- By combining the Diploma in Meteorology with a BSc in Physics, you’ll broaden your job prospects.
- Take courses with professors discovering new information about the Earth’s atmosphere—like how aerosol particles affect climate change.
- Get hands-on practice in modelling real weather data in courses like Synoptic Meteorology I and II.
- You’ll be trained as a weather forecaster and get a strong foundation in atmospheric science for meteorological studies at the graduate level.
- As part of the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences Department, you’ll automatically join the Dalhousie Undergraduate Physics Society (DUPS) and attend fun social events.
- You’ll find out how satellite imagery and other data help better predict the movement and force of hurricanes along the Atlantic seaboard.