About the United Way
United Way contributions make a positive impact - we thank you!
Leadership programs for teens. Meal programs for seniors. Support for children with disabilities. United Way improves social well-bing by bringing people and orgranizations together to build vibrant neighbourhoods and strenghthen our community.
Dalhousie's United Way campaign helps support these worthy programs and more. Together, we can create strong neighbourhoods, comfort those in need and find solutions to tough challenges.
Where your donations go
Of the donations the United Way of Halifax Region receives, 83.9% are invested in community programs. The remaining 16.1% are used for staff salaries, fundraising and administrative costs. Unless directed by the donor to another United Way or registered charity, all donations made to the United Way of Halifax Region go back into the Halifax Regional Municipality.