Residence & Housing
Find your home away from home
Whether you're a new student applying to one of Dalhousie’s residence halls or you’re looking for assistance with your off-campus apartment search, we can help.
Living in residence
Immerse yourself in the university community by living in residence.
- You're close to classes, friends, meeting places and athletic facilities.
- There are plenty of people nearby to help you adjust to university and succeed in school.
- Your meals are prepared for you.
- On our Halifax campuses, you can choose from one of our Living-Learning Communities and
instantly find friends who share your interests.
- Internet, cable and local phone are included - no monthly bills to worry about.
- Some of your neighbours will become lifelong friends.
- Double rooms, shared with a roommate, or request a single room
- A meal plan is mandatory for all traditional residences
- Ideal for a more private and independent lifestyle
- Access to many of the residence support services, programs and facilities
- Option to purchase a meal plan
Residence virtual tour
Check out residence life; where you will be sleeping, eating, studying and spending time with friends. View our Residence Life videos.
For information on residence options, costs and fees, meal plans, or to apply, visit our Residence & Housing website.
Searching for an apartment can be challenging. The Off-Campus Living office has a number of resources and online services to help you find a place to live or match you with roommates in shared accommodation.
You’ll also find tenancy information, tips and resources to help you plan for your move. Visit the Off-Campus Living website for more information.